Hello fellow art lovers and seekers, friends, and family!

As I have launched this tiny art company just at the beginning of this year I have heard people mispronounce or avoid saying "Emichka" because they don't understand what it means or where it comes from. Let me explain!

I served a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Moscow, Russia. This is where I met my husband, Andrew. This is where I learned to speak the--some might call angry, but I call beautiful--language. We have lived in Latvia, which neighbors Russia. And we speak Russian in the home and with our son. We love it. I love it. Russia is a part of us.

In Russian, every name has a diminutive form, or what we Americans call a "cutsie form." Alexander is Sasha. Ekaterina is Katya. Valentina is Valya. Etc. So I gave my name, Emily, it's own "cutsie form." Emichka. And I can't take all of the credit! My husband has been calling my that since we started dating.

I have deeply considered and have gone back and forth with the idea of changing my business name because it would be more marketable, easier to pronounce, and easier for people to remember. But I just can't part with that business name. It's just... me.

Anyways, This is Emichka Decor, and I am Emichka. I paint homes, LDS temple, people, and anything you want! Check out my Etsy site to place orders and to design something together.

Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *